We Make Events #RedalertRESTART
Photo by: Shelby Cude + Eddie Soto
WHAT: #WeMakeEvents #RedAlertRESTART Day of Action on Tuesday, September 1, 2020—with as many as 1,500 buildings across North American lit in RED to raise public awareness about the severe economic crisis facing the entire live events industry, which has been closed since March and has no idea when events will start happening again. The goal is also to urge the Senate to vote for the RESTART Act and to support #Extend PUA, an extension of the PUA and the full $600 FPUC as part of a full comprehensive pandemic relief package
WHEN: Tuesday, September 1, 2020 — 9pm-12am (midnight) in each local market.
WHERE: Over 40 cities in North America including Washington D.C., Los Angeles, San Francisco, Honolulu, Denver, Orlando, Tampa, Miami, Atlanta, Chicago, New Orleans, Boston, Baltimore, Las Vegas, New York City, Philadelphia, Pittsburg, Nashville, Dallas, Austin, Houston, Salt Lake City, Seattle, Portland, Phoenix, Boulder, Fayetteville, Lexington, Louisville, Huntsville, and Canadian neighbors including Toronto, Montreal, and Vancouver. There is also a partner in Trinidad & Tobago.
WHY: 12 million people have been impacted by the shutdown of live events, a $1-trillion industry.
Since March 2020:
○ Thousands of events have been cancelled
○ 77% of the people in our industry have lost 100% of their income
○ 96% of companies have cut staff
○ 97% of 1099 workers have lost their jobs
- Businesses are failing under a lack of income and economic pressure.
- The supply chain has been COMPLETELY devastated under the weight of cancellations and unknown futures.
To find out more how you can help and support go to: